Beautiful birds 是 2016 年 Passenger 所發行的一首歌,在這首歌中,用 beautiful birds來形容兩人的曾經,歌曲一開始唱著兩個人快樂的生活,彼此在天空翱翔枝頭休息的樣貌,但卻有一日一個人想聽聽不同聲音,而離開了
彼此互相攻擊、互相傷害,建築起自己的一切,來讓自己囚禁或是證明自己的正確,我想這首歌也想表達不要輕易的放棄曾經擁有的愛,雖然描寫的是很多愛情的結局,但是有時不免回頭想想看看曾經的日子
You said you loved all the songs that I’d sing, but nothing like you’d ever heard,
Passenger | Beautiful Birds
妳說妳愛所有我所唱的歌,但沒有一首像妳曾經所聽
And I said I loved you with all of my heart when we were two beautiful birds.
我們曾是美麗的比翼鳥,我說我全心全意愛妳
You remember when we were two beautiful birds, we would light up the sky,
你是否記得曾經我們是美麗的比翼鳥,照亮著天空
When we’d fly,you were orange and red, like the sun when it sets, I was green as an apple’s eye.
當我們飛翔時,你就像太陽西沈一般的奪目耀眼,我如蘋果嫩芽一般的翠綠
You said you loved all the songs that I’d sing, but nothing like you’d ever heard,
妳說妳愛所有我所唱的歌,但沒有一首像妳曾經所聽
And I said I loved you with all of my heart when we were two beautiful birds.
我們曾是美麗的比翼鳥,我說我全心全意愛妳
Remember when we were two beautiful birds, we would say when the morning would come,
還記得我們曾是美麗的比翼鳥,當清晨來時彼此傾訴
You are silver and blue like the moon when it’s new, I was gold as the summer sun.
妳如天上一彎新月,銀白淡藍;我如夏日陽光,暖暖金光
But one day you asked for a different song,
但直到一日,妳要求著一首不同的歌
One that I just couldn’t sing,
一首我無法唱的歌
I got the melody sharp, and the words all wrong,
旋律亂了調,詞句混亂
Those were the last days of spring.
這是春日的最後幾天
To build a nest we pecked feathers from our chests,
我們啄起我們身上的羽毛來建立新巢
Like a book tearing out every page,
像撕下書本的每一頁
We weren’t to know that these feathers would grow,
但我們不曾知道,這些羽毛會成長
Into a beautiful cage.
成為美麗的籠
世上很難有比翼雙飛這回事吧!! 難怪逝去的愛情, 沒有結局的愛, 總是讓人無法忘懷